Daily Immune support supplements for better protection
Recent studies have revealed that the human immune system has adapted as a result of facing constant challenges, responding to attack by up-regulating its state of readiness and effectiveness on a continuous basis.
In today’s sanitised environment however, our immune systems have relatively little to contend with. This has made them less efficient.
A clinical human trial Published January 23rd 2013 in the European Journal of Nutrition, based on a double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled, multicentric study in healthy subjects, showed that beta-glucan 1-3, 1-6 helps prevent colds, improves symptoms and increases the body’s potential to defend against invading pathogens: Click for Study Details
Glucamune and Glucasan+ and Betamune75 are made from highly refined beta-glucan 1-3,1-6, recognised as the finest immuno-modulator available.
Only the highest quality standardised extract of Beta Glucan 1-3,1-6 is used in Glucasan®+, Glucamune and Betamune75 where the beta-glucans are specially purified. They have no known side effects, are non-allergenic, suitable for vegans and professional athletes and are Clinically Tested.
Which supplements are for me?
Glucasan+ click here for full product details
- Glucasan+ has added Zinc and Vitamin D3 – known to aid immune function.
- Is for adults whose immune system is in need of a boost or because it could be run down through stress, poor diet, illness, age or lifestyle.
- Suitable for athletes and those in training for endurance events and those who lead stressful lives.
- Ideal for those who intend to take the supplement regularly to keep their imune system in prime condition.
Glucamune click here for full product details
- Suitable for Infants, Children and Adults.
- Has no added vitamins or minerals.
- Suitable for those taking additional mineral supplements.
- Ideal for those on high doses.
- Just high grade beta glucan 1-3, 1-6.
Betamune75 click here for full product details
- Has no added vitamins and minerals
- Has very high BG linkage (75% plus)
- Suitable for those taking additional vitamins and mineral supplements
- Great for Adults and Children
- Ideal for those on high doses and in combination with other treatments that affect immune function.
Are there other things to naturally support my immune system?
Aloe vera, Echinacea, shiitake and meitake mushrooms and other natural materials have been shown to provide immune system support. In some cases, the active molecules are similar to the 1-3, 1-6 beta glucans in Saccharomyces cerevisiase; but they are not as well researched, and not necessarily as supportive, most particularly because there are no established efficacy standards for them. Here are some examples:
Glucasan, Glucamune and Betamune versus other current nutritional supplements:
|Echinacea||Echinacea – found to be ineffective protecting against respiratory tract infections such as coughs and colds (Grimm & Muller ’99, Barrett et al 02, Kreutzfeld ’06); ineffective or not proven (Caruso & Gwaltney ’05, Carr & Nahata ’06, Linde et al ’06).|
|Aloe Vera||Aloe Vera – may kill immune cells (Ramamoorthy & Tizard ’98). Ineffective against viruses (Unsinger ‘97)|
|Pro biotics||Pro biotics – efficacy only against gastrointestinal infections|
|Goldenseal||Goldenseal – no in vivo evidence. Linked to potentially fatal adverse effects (Bhowmick et al ‘07)|
|Cat’s Claw||Cats Claw – interesting anti-inflammatory properties (ie Mur et al ’02), but no in vivo evidence of immune activity|
|Antioxidants||Antioxidants – may even be harmful (Bjelakovic & Gluud ‘07)|
Why is a good beta glucan 1-3, 1-6 supplement so expensive when yeast is so cheap?
1-3, 1-6 beta glucans need to be very carefully refined, for two critical reasons. First, the material must be purified and the particle size must be carefully controlled, to enhance bioavailability and to achieve maximal absorption. (Beta Glucan particles need to be less than 20µ to be maximally effective). Second, the receptors that trigger the immune system are fragile and cannot be damaged during a series very carefully controlled purification processes.
Will any of these conflict with other treatments, minerals, vitamins or medicines?
1-3, 1-6 beta glucans have no known conflicts and can be taken in large doses without hazard.
Derived from natural yeasts, beta-glucans used, until relatively recently, to be a substantial part of the human diet. There are no recorded cases of illness or allergy or any reaction to any of the products offered by Vitalize – the core elements of which have been available and and widely used in the UK since 2004.
How do I order?
- Call 0870 042 8423 and ask for Glucasan, Glucamune or Betamune75.
- Visit our on-line shop the quickest and easiest way to order, especially for regular customers.
- Also available from Tesco Nutricentres country wide.
Can I buy Vitalize Products in bulk?
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for any trade or bulk enquiries